Dussehra festival is also celebrated as Vijayadashami or Dasara in many parts of India. This year in 2016, the Dussehra festival is going to be celebrated on 22nd of Oct 2016
Vijayadashmi (Dussehra) Pujan Shubh Muhurat Timing | 2016 Dasara Tithi & Exact Timing | Happy Dussehra Vidhi, Timing & Online Mantra
Vijayadashmai 2016 Pujan Timing Dussehra, also known as Vijayadashmi, is a major Indian festival celebrated on the tenth day of Ashvin month according to the Hindu calendar. This day falls in the month of September or October. The day culminates a 9 day fasting period of Navratri in the Hindu culture. The day also coincides with immersion of the idol of Goddess Durga. The day is celebrated to commemorate the killing of Ravana by Lord Rama. The day also celebrates the killing of demon Mahishasur by Goddess Durga. Dussehra celebration spreads the message of the victory of good over sin.
Vijayadashami is celebrated as victory of Lord Rama over Demon Ravana and also triumph of Goddess Durga over the buffalo Demon Mahishasura. Vijayadashami is also known as Dussehra orDasara. In Nepal Dasara is celebrated as Dashain. Shami Puja, Aparajita Puja (अपराजिता पूजा) and Seema Avalanghan (सीमा अवलंघन or सीमोल्लंघन) are some of the rituals which are followed on the day of Vijayadashami. According to Hindu division of the day, these rituals should be done during Aparahna time.
Dussehra Puja Vidhi 2016Dear visitors here you will get to know that how to perform Dussehra puja vidhi 2016 and vijaya dashami puja Muhurat 2016 in Hindi, English, Sanskrit, telugu, Tamil date and time with mantra and download free pdf with in a short time. As we know that the time of Vijaya Dashami that would have another name Dussehra in various regions in India is almost come on 22nd October this year, so be prepare yourself and collect all the useful information that will help you to know the process of Dussehra puja vidhi 2016.
Dusshera is celebrated on the 10th day of Shukla Paksh in the month of Ashwin. On this day, Shri Ram killed Ravan that is why it is also called Vijaya Dashami (victorious day). Traditionally the effigies of Ravan, his brother Kumbhkaran and son Meghanath are filled with crackers and burnt.
On this day citing the bird Neelkanth is of great importance. It is supposed to be personified form of Shivji. Dusshera puja is performed by both men and women.
Preparation for the Puja
- Image of Dussehra
- Cow dung, chuna
- Roli,moli, chawal, flowers
- Jhuwara which is grown on Navratri day
- Banana, mooli (radish), gwarphalli (flat cluster beans)
- Jaggery,1-1/4 kg chawal, money for offering, kheer, puri
- Bahikhata (account books)
- Vidhi / Method of Performing Puja
- Draw the Dussehra image with wheat flour/chuna, put 9 tikki with cow dung.
- Make 2 katories of cow dung with a lid. In one katori, keep coins and in the other keep a little roli, chawal, fruit and jhuwara.
- Do puja with water, mooli, roli, chawal, flowers and jhuwara.
- Offer banana, mooli, gwarphalli, jaggery, 1-1/4 kg chawal.
- Light the dhoop and deepak, do the parikrama.
- Puia is done of the old bahikhata by offering flowers, jhuwara, roli and chawal.
- On this day only new bahikhata for Diwali puja are ordered.
- After the puja, money from the cow dung box is taken out and placed in the safe.
- Food and dakshina are offered to the Brahmin
- Vijay Muhurat = 13:53 to 14:38= Duration = 0 Hours 44 Mins
- Aparahna Puja Time = 13:08 to 15:22= Duration = 2 Hours 13 Mins
- Dashami Tithi Begins = 11:58 on 22/Oct/2016
- Dashami Tithi Ends = 09:51 on 23/Oct/2016