Ghatasthapana Shubh Muhurat, Pujan Vidhi, Mantra and MythologyKalash Sthapana Puja, or Ghatasthapana, is the one of the most important ceremony during Navratri festival in northern and western parts of India and in Nepal. The best time for Ghatasthapana Updated soon here. Navarati Kalashsthapana Puja involves invoking the mother Goddess in a Pot or Kalash and sowing of seeds (barely etc).
Ghatsthapana : Chaitra Navratra
Navratri Kalash Sthapana Shubh Muhurat 2016 (Ghatasthapana)
- Date & Day:- 13th October 2016 (Tuesday)
- Kalash Sthapana Muhurat (Pratipada) Timings:- 6:24 AM to 10:12 AM (New Delhi, India)
- Kalash Sthapana Muhurat (Abhijit) Timings:- 11:44 AM to 12:30 PM (New Delhi, India)
- The Kalash Sthapana should be performed when Pratipada tithi prevails and this is believed to be most auspicious time to perform Ghatasthapana ritual.
- In case Pratipada muhurat cannot be followed then Abhijit tithi timings can also be followed. The Abhijit muhurat time is already given above.
- Note that above timings are applicable only in India as per as Indian Standard Timings (IST). For Navratri Muhurat Timings in USA, UK, Canada, UAE, Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Etc, please check back local timings as comparable to above timings.
Chogadhiya Mahurat for
Mahurat For Important Rituals :Ghatasthapana Muhurta and Sandhi Puja Muhurta are popular during Chaitra Navratri.
1. Ghatasthapana Mahurat
- Ghatasthapana marks the beginning of nine days festivity.
- Ghatasthapana is invocation of Goddess Shakti .
- Ghatasthapana is prohibited during Amavasya and night time.
2. Abhijit Muhurat
- Abhijit Muhurat is auspicious time during midday.
- Abhijit Muhurat is one of the best muhurats to start all sort of auspicious works.
- Abhijit Muhurat is a powerful Muhurat for this day.
Significance of GhatasthapanaKalasha –is considered as symbolic form of Maa Durga. It is a mark of purity and auspiciousness. Establishing Kalash in your home brings positivity and happiness.
Sowing Barley or Wheat – Seed provides fruits. Sowing seeds during navratri signifies growth, prosperity and abundance. It also indicates fertility. Just like Ghatasthapana, Kanya puja during navratri is also an important ritual.
Know about Easy Puja Vidhi for GhatasthapanaRituals and traditions followed during this puja vary from region to region and family to family. However main puja rituals are mentioned below.
- Start navratri preparation a few days ago. Clean your house properly.
- Wake up early, clean and decorated the pooja room. Sprinkle ‘Gangajal’.
- Place the idol or any image of Mata at puja place.
- Place the kalash filled with clean or holy water in front of deity. You can use copper or silver or earthen pot.
- Cover its top with mango or Ashoka leaves and place a coconut on the top.
- Tie mauli (scared thread) around the neck of the kalash.
- Collect some garden soil and make a bed for sowing grains. You can use any convenient utensil for this. Place some wheat or barley seeds
- Light a lamp every morning and evening. You can also keep it as ‘Akhand Jyot’.
- Offer Chunari, flowers, incense sticks, paan, rice, tumerice, sindoor, chandan and other puja items to please Maa Durga.
- Chant Mantras or simple recite 108 names of Maa Durga.
- Offer prasad and do aarti of Goddess Durga. Play Garba on Garba Songs MP3 and feel devoted to Maa durga.
- Reciting Durga saptasati during Navratri is considered highly auspicious.