CAT 2016 Syllabus Exam pattern IIMs Selection Process download pdf iimcat.ac.in
IIM CAT Syllabus & Exam dateIndian Institute of Managements (IIMs) is the Group of 13 IIMs and newly budgeted two IIMs. These 13 IIMs are Public and autonomous Institutes of Management and research in India. They primarily offer Post Graduate, Doctoral and Executive Education programmes. Common Aptitude Test (CAT) is the entrance examination to get the admission into various Master of Business Management (MBA) offered in IIMs. Every year nearly 2 lakhs of candidates take this exam for post graduation courses. This year IIM Ahmedabad is conducting the CAT 2016, so it has released the notification recently and application process starts from 06 August 2016. Many aspirants are searching for CAT 2016 Syllabus. Institutes were changed the CAT exam pattern 2016 from this year onwards. Download the CAT syllabus pdf from official site.
CAT 2016 Exam Dates, Books,Syllabus,Exam PatternCAT Entrance Exam is conducted by the Authority of IIM (Indian Institute of management). CAT is commonly known as Common Aptitude Test. It will provide the necessary information regarding to the CAT Entrance Examination such as its CAT 2016 Exam Dates, application form details, syllabus, eligibility criteria and reference books and few preparation tips. CAT is one of the most popular MBA entrance exams in India. So interested and eligible candidates can download CAT 2016 Exam Dates, Books Syllabus etc details from its official website. As most of the candidates know that this entrance exam is not a play, need to clear this entrance exam.
Candidates are going to appear first time we have given the CAT 2016 Notification 2016 that consists of eligibility, fee details and instructions to apply online application. Check the changed or new CAT Exam pattern 2016. We know that CAT is one of the toughest examinations in India. You have to put lot of hard work in order to get good percentile in CAT 2016. Download the CAT 2016 Syllabus and start your preparation from now onwards to reach your goal and get admission in Best IIMs.
Educational Qualification for CAT 2016 Entrance Exam:
Candidates who are passed their Graduation level education from any recognized university or institute; those are eligible for applying and attend for the CAT 2016 Entrance Exam according to the IIM CAT rules or Government rules.
Details about CAT 2016 Exam Dates:
Candidates who are interested to write this CAT 2016 Exam, those candidates are must apply in online through its official website. The IIM Common Admission Test (CAT)) as being organized every year, this year session of 2016-2016 all the related CAT 2016 Exam Dates will be released or announced soon.
CAT Exam Pattern 2016
- The cat exam is Objective type
- The Exam paper consists of 100 Multiple Choice Questions
- Duration of examination is 180 Minutes (3 Hours)
- The CAT 2016 exam will be on Online i.e. Computer Based Test
- The CAT exam is in three sections
- Quantitative Ability (QA)
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC)
- QA and VRC comprises of 34 questions, whereas DILR section has 32 questions
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers are to be typed on the screen.
- allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and you cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section
- Three marks for each correct answer. The test carries negative marking, one mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
CAT 2016 Selection Process/ admission Process
CAT results 2016 will be available in second week of January 2016. List of shortlisted candidates for the next level of selection will be made available on individual IIMs. The criteria for short-listing vary from IIM to IIM. The process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). Performance in CAT 2016 examination is an important component in the admission process. Visit the official site iimcat.ac.in for latest updates of CAT 2016.
CAT 2016 Syllabus
- Quantitative Ability (QA) Syllabus
Number systems, geometry, trigonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations etc
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) Syllabus
Interpretation and analysis of Data based on test, graphs, test graphs of Line &area topics, charts of Column, bar, pie and Venn diagram topics etc,
Clocks, Calendar, Binary logic, Seating arrangement questions, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption problems, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement etc.Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC) Syllabus
Reading comprehension , verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks, idioms, sentence correction etc,.
CAT 2016 Syllabus:
Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation:
- Number Systems.
- Time and Work.
- Permutation and Combination.
- Quadratic Profit and Loss.
- Linear Equations etc.
- Antonyms and Synonyms.
- Sentence Correction.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Binary Logics.
- Seating Arrangement.
- Blood Relations.
- Logical Sequence.
- Verbal Reasoning.
- Reading Comprehension.
- Linear and Matrix Arrangement etc.
Here some recommended books are given
- Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test 5th edition by Arun Sharma for simple and easily understanding purpose.
- Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test and Data Interpretation by Nishit sinha for advanced purpose.